The National Hajj Commission has allocated 5934 hajj seats to Kano State for the next Hajj Exercise.
The Director General of Kano State Pilgrim’s welfare Board Alhaji Laminu Danbaffa disclosed this while briefing local government pilgrim’s center officers from the 44 local government areas of the state.
He said the board was working assiduously in ensuring successful conduct of the forthcoming Hajj Exercise.
He said 60% of the Hajj Seats will be allocated to conventional pilgrims across the 44 LGA’s while the remaining 40% would be sold through the Hajj saving schemes
Alhaji Laminu Danbaffa directed the center officers to commence selling of each Hajj seat at the rate of four million five hundred thousand Naira only as directed by the National Hajj Commission.
He noted that the increase of over one hundred per cent was due to the increase in dollar change rate.
The Director General reassured the commitment of the current administration in ensuring a hitch free Hajj Operations come 2024